Auditions are required for admission to the Music Major and Minor, and for consideration for Major and Minor scholarships. Applicants may attend the live auditions or submit materials through SlideRoom.
Audition for the Music Major or Minor
The Audition form must be submitted in advance, and by the deadlines below, for both live and recorded auditions.
Early Action Live Audition Day – Saturday, November 12, 2016
Deadline for submission of audition materials, including form and recordings (if applicable), is October 31, 2016
Regular Decision Live Audition Day – Saturday, February 4, 2017
Deadline for submission of audition materials, including form and recordings (if applicable), is January 23, 2017
How to Apply
The best way to submit your form and any other supplemental documents is through SlideRoom.
You may also email them to Tashi Cardinali, Senior Administrative & Production Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and audio/video for recorded auditions may be submitted through SlideRoom.
Please Note: To apply to the Recording Arts program, contact The School of Film & Television.
- Guitar: Two pieces, preferably in contrasting styles
- Percussion: Two pieces performed on any of the following: drum set, marimba, snare drum, timpani
- Piano: Two pieces from different historical periods, preferably in contrasting styles
- Strings (violin, viola, cello, double bass): Two pieces from different historical periods, preferably in contrasting styles
- Voice: Two classical art songs, opera or operetta arias, or traditional folk songs, one in a language other than English
- Selected Woodwinds and Brass: (flute, oboe, clarinet, trumpet, French horn; minors only): Two pieces from different historical periods, preferably in contrasting styles
In all cases DO NOT USE ORIGINAL WORKS for your applied audition. Please feel free to submit original works in addition to your audition works, particularly if you are interested in declaring a composition concentration.
- Remember to complete all contact information on the audition form.
- Remember to list the major(s) and minor, if applicable, that you plan to pursue at LMU.
- If you are submitting a recording on Slideroom, remember to also upload the audition form. Please ensure that all recordings are in .mp3, .mp4, or m4v format. Links to recordings on YouTube or Vimeo are also accepted.
Should you have any questions about the audition process or the Music program in general, please contact us at: