School of Film and Television - Production Department
Undergraduate Admission Portfolio Requirements
Please remember, submission of a portfolio is optional and is not required but recommended-- academic record and an inherent understanding of and passion for storytelling still stand as the primary factors in our admission decisions.
If you choose to submit a portfolio, you must submit your application first. After students submit an application, they will get an email explaining how to check their status; the Application Status Page includes an upload feature where students can upload a portfolio. LMU currently accepts Images, Videos, and .PDF documents. If you have a text document to submit, please convert the document to a .PDF file before submitting.
Early Decision and Early Action candidates choosing to submit a portfolio should do so within 72 hours of submitting an application. Regular decision candidates choosing to submit a portfolio should do so by January 15.
Early Action candidates choosing to submit a portfolio should do so within 72 hours of submitting an application. Regular decision candidates choosing to submit a portfolio should do so by March 15.
Your portfolio should include:
- A one-page creative and professional resume. This resume should be in chronological order and submitted in PDF file. We are looking for the breadth of your experience. The presentation should be professional.
- A creative visual submission. You may submit up to three of the following creative formats, but one is typical (and sufficient). This visual statement will reflect the creative elements and talents you would like to share with the Production department:
- Film/Video/Performance Piece (no more than 3 minutes in length)
- Photography (up to four samples)
- Written Composition (no more than 500 words)
- Animation sample or project (no more than 3 minutes in length)
To submit artwork, photographs, or a writing sample, upload a PDF or JPEG containing your work. For video, create an account on Vimeo or YouTube and upload the link to your film as one of your submissions. We discourage setting any password protection for project submissions. This may cause a delay in the review of the applicant’s application.
To join Vimeo:
- Go to : www.vimeo.com
- Input your name, email address, and password. Agree to the terms and conditions. Click Join.
- Basic Vimeo is all that is required.
- To create a channel: Go to the channels page located in the top middle of the home screen and click “Create a channel.”
- To upload a video: Click on the upload button in the main toolbar at the top right corner.
To join YouTube:
- Go to: www.youtube.com
- Click the “sign in” button located on the top left of the screen.
- Click the “create an account” button on the top left of the screen.
- Input your name, email address, username, and password.
- Confirm from the email sent to your account.
- To upload a video: Click the Upload button in the top left corner.