Deadlines for First Year Applicants
Fall Application Deadlines
- November 1: Early Decision (binding) admission for Fall
- November 1: Early Action (non-binding) admission for Fall
- January 15: Early Decision II (binding) admission for Fall
- January 15: Regular Decision Admission for Fall
Spring Application Deadline
- October 15: Admission for Spring (January) semester
Financial Aid Deadline
February 1 is the deadline for first year applicants to submit the FAFSA. Early Decision applicants seeking financial aid must file the FAFSA by November 15. Early Action applicants seeking financial aid must file the FAFSA by January 15. Please visit our Financial Aid page for more details.
In order to prepare yourself for the rigorous academic programs at LMU, we recommend completing the following high school courses:
- English: 4 years
- Foreign Language: 3 years
- Mathematics: 3 years
- Laboratory Science: 2 years
- Social Sciences: 3 years
- Academic Electives: 1 year
For students interested in pursuing specific areas of academic study, there are a few additional recommendations:
- Business applicants must complete a year of study in each of the following: elementary algebra, geometry, and intermediate algebra/trigonometry. We expect College of Business Administration students to be prepared to take calculus their first year.
Engineering, Science, Computer Science, and Mathematics Students
- Applicants to these programs should complete four years of mathematics and one year each of biology, chemistry, and physics. We expect students enrolling in the Frank R. Seaver College of Science and Engineering to be prepared to take calculus their first year.
Every year, LMU receives applications from thousands of bright, talented, and ambitious high school seniors. While a student’s academic record is the primary factor for consideration, we realize that student ability and potential can be demonstrated in many different ways. Some of the additional factors that we look at are:
- Writing ability (LMU requires all students to submit the LMU Supplemental Essay. Additionally, if you are applying through the Common Application, you must also submit a Personal Essay.)
- Artistic and athletic accomplishments
- Work or service-related endeavors
- Co-curricular activities and achievements
- National SAT/ACT test scores (test optional for fall 2021 through 2022)
- Relationship to the University
There is no minimum GPA or test score required for admission to LMU, but admission is selective. We look at each candidate’s application for indications of academic achievement, preparation, and potential.
In addition to academic accomplishments, we are looking for well-rounded students who demonstrate the potential and willingness to become contributing members of our community. If that sounds like you, then we look forward to your application!
Follow the instructions on your application.
- Be sure to include the $60 application fee.
- To request a fee waiver, please follow the instructions on the application you choose to use.
Submit a letter of recommendation with your application.
This should be sent from an official at the school you attend. A letter from a teacher and a letter from your counselor or principal is recommended. One letter of recommendation is required.
Send your transcripts to Undergraduate Admission.
All first year applicants should include their grades on the application they chose to submit or upload a copy of their transcripts. Enrolling first year applicants must all submit official final high school transcripts before school begins, showing your high school graduation date.
Transfer students must also submit transcripts from each college or university attended.
The ACT or SAT is optional for students applying for spring 2022 semester and fall 2022 semester. If you have more questions please contact email@example.com.
Auditions and Portfolios
Programs that Require Submission
Programs with Optional Submission
Applications for admission are reviewed on a continuous basis. This means that your application will be evaluated as soon as all required documents have been received. Written notification of your eligibility for admission will be sent as soon as a decision has been reached and normally no later than April 1 for fall freshmen who apply by January 15. Early Action and Early Decision applicants will be notified in December.
The review of Regular Decision applications begins in January. Enrolling students are required to submit final transcripts to verify that all work in progress is successfully completed. In the event that the final semester of work does not meet the required criteria, acceptance may be rescinded.
Early Decision applications may be accepted, denied, or deferred for further consideration in our regular decision process. All Early Decision notifications will be sent by mid-December. LMU’s Early Decision program is binding. Students admitted under Early Decision must submit their tuition deposit by January 11th. Students whose applications are denied through Early Decision may not seek further consideration; all Early Decision denials are final.
Early Action applications may be accepted, denied, or deferred for further consideration in our regular decision process. All Early Action notifications will be sent by late December. LMU’s Early Action program is non-binding; students accepted under Early Action still have until the Candidate’s Reply Date of May 1 to commit to LMU. Students whose applications are denied through Early Action may not seek further consideration; Early Action denials are final.
Living on Campus
LMU encourages first-year students (i.e., freshmen) to live in university housing because it enriches their educational experience. For fall enrollment, University housing is guaranteed to first-year students who submit their non-refundable tuition deposits by May 1.
Once you submit your tuition deposit, Housing will send an email with the housing application and deposit instructions. Housing requests from fall transfer students and from all spring applicants are processed on a space-available basis. Visit the Student Housing page for more information.
All first-year applicants are automatically considered for academic scholarships. No additional application is required. See Scholarships for more details.