The University Honors Program is a diverse community of curious students and faculty from all five of LMU’s colleges who are connected by a love of learning and intellectual immersion, curiosity that spans disciplinary boundaries, and the joy of creating and sharing new ideas. Like LMU at large, the Honors Program emphasizes a whole-person education in service of creating a better world for all—however, it takes that concept further by providing students with even smaller classes, a unique and interdisciplinary curriculum, access to innovative and dedicated faculty, one-on-one mentorship of research and creative work, and a tight-knit community of similarly enthusiastic student scholars.
In addition to smaller, seminar-style classes, Honors students receive mentoring and guidance from LMU’s most talented faculty, have the option of living in special Honors housing, and engage in self-directed learning opportunities through mentored independent research projects, student-led publications, and other wonderful program events.
Participation in the Honors program not only provides you with a more-challenging and rewarding educational experience, but also can help:
- With admission to graduate school
- Improve your chances for prestigious national and international scholarships
- Make you more sought after for positions in the job market
Want to learn more?
Visit the LMU Honors program website to:
- Learn about the benefits of being an LMU Honors student
- Review the requirements and find out how to apply
- Find contact information for the Program Director and Staff to ask questions or schedule visits.